Soooo Close- Yet soooo Far!!!!

Posted by Unknown

Hey guys!

 I am on week four at the new Job and starting to relax into my chair and responsibilities.
I have sacrificed time on the film for the energy required to start and perform well at the new job. I have still been plugging away though when ever I am able to find the moment.

....the film continues to get better and better though.....FX- polish and sharpening the edit -
Its very very close to walking away-

My main focus has been the graphical interface on the computers in the film.

They have to communicate alot of information during the film.....so it was somthing we need to be simple CLEAR and not take too much time in the telling.

 as of tonight I have finished all of the basic Graphics and implemented them into the edit.....the rest is just making them more purty...

here is the simple graphic from the awakening chapter....simple clear.

something to share-

film making------

I have gone through several moments of doubt in the making of the film...mainly in the last moments of the films completion....

The films ...o..k

The Film ....sucks....

The Film is ..... pretty cool....

I am ashamed....

I am  so Proud....

I like the film!!.....

I don't like the film......

and where I sit now......having had a few weeks away from watching it in full.

I REALLY Like the film!!

......and I really am TOTALLY proud
to have created and told another story with shel.....and all the folks who pitched in to help.

Feeling all these emotions is probably natural in a production that has taken so long to create......and taken so much work to do.....

I remember feeling somewhat similarly when finishing Gerald. It wasn't quite as scary since the story was so simple......but.......

 I remember that I thought....... man.....

......If I could just do this film again now that I have grown so much.......it would be sooo much better
...ha!!

It is the journey....right.....
all that growth comes in the making -

so....

..... We have created a piece of  narrative ART and I even like it !!........That is very exciting.

Here is a shot from the intro  - with some FX -


here is another shot that shows another incredible moment in in stopmotion filmaking.

Stopmotion is always problem solving....and here was a dooozy to deal with.
I started a new shot.....way too late to have started ...

and about 12 frames in my shoulder wire broke during the shot

.....after yelling at the roof for a couple minutes......I decided....I am not quitting this shot....I grabbed a bunch of sewing needles and safety pins
and forged ahead hiding the needles off screen the best i could....while trying to get the puppet to animate into the poses i needed to sell the action....

I had to make sacrifices in perfection but I pulled it off and was very proud I was not kicked out of the garage ....and halted more progress on the film.

so .....that love and hate thing about stopmotion in full effect!!


Film DRAMA -

In the QUEST to finish this film.....we have hit a BIG ole speed Bump
......I wont go into it just yet.....but it could change the finish line in a way we are not happy about.

Just another obstacle ......to overcome.....sigh.....

I start some fun classes in May and we are looking to finish the film completely by then
......then we can put the film out into the world and I can focus on my school work in the evenings.

 Trick of the week-

Shamus- slamming the old man.

DAD flip to hands

         jriggity
 

Copyright © 2009 frankenbulb | Design by [blogger merak dua]